**Job Title: Assistant Bars and Duty Manager (ABDM) at Islington Assembly Hall**
Are you ready to be part of a team that is committed to making Islington fairer for all its residents? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for the role of Assistant Bars and Duty Manager (ABDM) at Islington Assembly Hall. This role will be crucial in ensuring the smooth operational running of the bars at events such as live music concerts, wedding receptions, and corporate functions. As an ABDM, you will be responsible for delivering a well-managed bar service for customers, contributing significantly to the business’s income.
– Assisting with all aspects of events held within Islington Assembly Hall and its break-out areas
– Managing the bars and cloakroom activity at various events, including live music concerts, wedding receptions, and corporate functions
– Ensuring the safe, effective, and timely management of large, complex events
– Arranging and booking the appropriate number of staff for all events at the venue
– Managing deliveries and maintaining appropriate stock levels at the venue
– Driving sales initiatives and presenting ideas to increase bar sales and profit margins
– Handling customer complaints and resolving issues in accordance with venue and licensing policy
To qualify for this role, you must demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria in your application form. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to the council’s Be Islington CARE values, working collaboratively, ambitiously, resourcefully, and empowering others.
**Our Commitment to Fairness and Equality**
At Islington Council, we are committed to tackling inequality, racism, and injustice, and creating a fairer borough for all. We strive to create a workplace environment that is free from discrimination, racism, and inequality. Our approach is proactive, consistently learning to foster a culture that empowers all staff to challenge inequality.
Our accreditations include: the Healthy Workplace award, Timewise, London Living Wage Employer, Disability Confident Committed, The Mayor’s Good Work Standard, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Time to Change.
Join us in our mission to create a place where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential and enjoy a good quality of life. Be part of a team that is inspired, focused, and supported to give their very best to provide the best services possible to our residents.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please address each of the essential criteria in your application form. We look forward to welcoming you to our team and working together to make Islington fairer for all.